Phnom Penh is a relatively small city and most of the major sights are fairly central. The most important cultural sights can be visited on foot and are located near the riverfront in the most beautiful part of the city.
Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda
With its classic Khmer roofs and ornate gilding, the Royal Palace (Map p79; Samdech Sothearos Blvd; admission US$3, camera/video US$2/5; S 7.30-11am I & 2.30-5pm) dominates the diminutive skyline of Phnom Penh. It is a striking structure near the riverfront, bearing a remarkable likeness to its counterpart in Bangkok. Hidden away behind protective walls and beneath shadows of striking ceremonial buildings, it’s an oasis of calm with lush gardens and leafy havens.
Being the official residence of King Being the official residence of King Sihamoni, parts of the massive compound are closed to the public. Visitors are only allowed to visit the palace’s Silver Pagoda and its surrounding compound. However, photography is not permitted inside the pagoda itself. Visitors need to wear shorts that reach to the knee, and T-shirts or blouses that reach to the elbow; otherwise they will have to rent an appropriate covering. The palace gets very busy on Sundays when countryside Khmers come to pay their respects, but this can be a fun way to experience the place, thronging with locals.
Besides, if you still want to explore Asia, Vietnam Cambodia Laos itinerary will be an ideal choice for you.
- War with Vietnam
- The Miao Yao family between 1991 and 1994 in Laos
- How the Yang family organise its village?
- The offside of football
- Hammocks launched Viet Nam on road to mass transport
- Suvival rights (3)
- Suvival rights (2)
- Suvival rights (1)
- Survival needs (3)
- Survival needs (2)
- Survival needs (1)
- Welcome to Software Project Survival Training (2)
- Welcome to Software Project Survival Training (1)
- This book's foundation (2)
- This book's foundation (1)
- Amazing phenomenons in Australia
- 5 famous hotels in Vung Tau
- Yasothon's rocket festival
- Hand over the project of Quan họ house in Lung Giang village, Lim town
- Strawberry gardens in Dalat
- Bun Cha - the delicacy of Ha Noi cuisine
- Preah Khan Temple (Temple of the Holy Sword)
- Ideal destinations when visiting Yen Bai